The Civil Justice Association of California (CJAC) is seeking a lawyer to join a small but impactful team in an in house counsel role in Sacramento, California.
Founded in 1979, CJAC is a nonprofit, nonpartisan legal reform advocacy organization with a mission to fight excessive and abusive civil litigation on behalf of businesses in the legislature, regulatory arena, and the courts.
The in house counsel will report to the president and support CJAC’s programs with a wide variety of legal and legislative work, including:
- Review and research legislative and regulatory proposals and work with CJAC member companies and other stakeholders to determine impacts.
- Write position letters, comments, and other educational and lobbying materials.
- Write and curate legal content for newsletters.
- Assist with business coalitions and working groups.
- Monitor significant state and national civil litigation and court trends.
- Provide legal support for organization’s operations and programs.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Admitted to practice law in California
- Civil litigation experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Full-time, hybrid remote/in-person
- Based in Sacramento, California
- Health and retirement benefits
- Compensation $90-110K/annually DOE
- Some travel
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Civil Justice Association of California is an equal opportunity employer.